1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, Texas 75201
T: (214) 954-4135
F: (214) 953-1332
Jamie Ribman, a Shareholder and Director of Looper Reed & McGraw, handles complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts relating to contractual disputes, employment matters, insurance defense, construction, real estate, personal injury, products liability and other business torts.
- Part of team representing rice farmers, mills and exporters in multi-district litigation involving the contamination of the United States long grain rice supplies with a genetically modified rice variety developed by an international chemical and agricultural company.
- Counsel to a national soft drink bottler and manufacturer in a variety of business litigation and employment matters.
- Successful defense of corporations involved in wrongful death, products liability and personal injury claims.
- Successful presentation and defense of claims relating to covenants not to compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation.
- Serves as “outside” general counsel for a number of companies providing legal and business advice in a variety of areas such as contractual interpretation and drafting, complex negotiations, employment decisions and compliance.
- Successfully represented investors in securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims in connection with the sale of real estate.
- Successfully defended a physician practice in connection with claims of breach of contract, fraud and negligent representation. After lawsuit was brought, counterclaims were asserted on behalf of client which resulted in a significant award for the physician’s practice.
- Successful defense of accounting firm accused of malpractice, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Successful defense of a $10,000,000 libel/slander claim.
- North Texas Production Credit Association v. McCurtain County National Bank, et al, 222 F.3d 800 (10th Cir. 2000).
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas.
- U. S. District Court (Northern and Southern Districts of Texas).
- Dallas Bar Association.
Publications & Speeches
- Speaker at the Institute of Management Accountants regarding litigation and accounting malpractice (February 2011).
- Speaker at the University of Houston Law Foundation, Advanced Civil Litigation, on Recent Developments in Fifth Circuit Business Torts Jurisprudence (Dallas, May 2006).
- 1992 – B.S.F.S., Georgetown University.
- 1996 – J.D., University of Houston.
- While attending law school, Jamie served as an intern to the Texas Supreme Court and The Honorable Justice Nathan Hecht.
- Selected as a Rising Star by Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine, 2006 – 2010.
- Selected as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly and Law and Politics Magazine, 2010 - 2012.